100%  [ 2 ]
Gorrin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

DinoPerson
Sinister

re: Choosing a Class for WoD

I notice that Spritzie is the only one with a vote so far.

Would someone care to elaborate?  Truth be told, I haven't really done much research on class changes in WoD so I'm wondering why hunters are going to be awesome and how I can best capitalize on it.

DinoPerson
Sinister

re: Choosing a Class for WoD

So, with Patch 6.0 having dropped and Iron Orcs pouring out of the Dark Portal, we're officially less than a stone's throw away from the next expansion.  Thus, the time has come to begin making some decisions.  Namely, which toon should I level to a hundred first?  I have my own ideas, yes, but I also want guild input on this.

See, outside of RP events and witty banter in G-Chat, I don't really participate much in Guild activities, namely raiding and PVP.  The closest I've ever come to hardcore raiding is LFR, and I've never even TOUCHED RBG's.  This is something I want to change in Warlords.  And indeed, there's never been a better time than now to make this resolution because I currently have four level 90's, more max level toons than I've ever had in the five years I've been playing this game.  So if there's a role in a Raiding team or PVP team that needs to be filled, there's a decent chance that I'll be able to fill it with at least one of these guys.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Jakkø/simple

First up, Jakko.  Ever since I first rolled him in Cataclysm, Jakko's been restoration all the way, with Feral being his spec for questing on account of healers taking forever to kill anything.  Jakko is the only healz-capable toon I have, so if you're hurting for healers, this is automatically your best choice.  That said however, with the massive nerfs to Resto Druids in 6.0 and getting bored with healing in general (it's basically a glorified game of whack-a-mole), I've gotten curious about other specs.  I can experiment with Balance and Feral, true, but I might even be willing to give Guardian a try.  It's odd, because I swore off tanking back on Cataclysm (PUG's were not kind to my old DK), but I've heard that the Guardian rotation is actually quite simple, which may mean less time for thinking and more time for fun.  Bottom-line, Jakko, like most druids, is easily capable of fulfilling a variety of roles.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Rikkø/simple

Rikko has always been an Arms warrior and proud to be so.  This is mostly because of two reasons; 1 - Arms is the best leveling spec for warriors.  2 - Eddie Riggs from Brutal Legend was actually the primary inspiration for Rikko's character, so making his favored weapon a massive two-handed axe made all too much sense.  Of course, there's nothing wrong with two massive two-handed axes so having Rikko go Fury is certainly plausible.  Hell, with my curiosity in tanking also inexplicably peaked, Protection might also be a possibility, but heed this:  I have never played a prot. warrior in my life.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Spritzie/simple

Spritzie's spec of choice has always been Beast Mastery, because silithids and shale spiders and core hounds, oh my!  Still, I don't see why Marksmanship or Survival would be particularly difficult to master, so I could do so if the guild needs me to.  Not much else to say really.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Gorrin/simple

Last but not least, we have Gorrin here.  Like my other three characters he picked one spec (in this case, Demonology) and never really looked back since.  Although, just to make things a bit more interesting for myself, I did level him through Pandaria with a destruction spec for a bit.  I was just trying it out to see how it handled.  It was cool, but ultimately kinda boring and I eventually grew to miss Demo's vast bag of tricks.  But as I've been playing more recently, I realize that perhaps I've been too quick to dismiss Destro. Truth be told, playing Gorrin has gotten a little bit boring and maybe a spec change is just what the doctor ordered.

So there you have it.  All of my 90's lined up in a row.  Which ones do you like most, Sub Rosa?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sub Rosa Forum Index -> All About WoW All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: